Every bride has high expectations for their wedding day, as they should. There is a ton of effort and money that goes into the planning and execution of a party on this grand scale. Here are a few tips from the pro's at C. Johnson Makeup to make sure your styling goes smoothly the day of the wedding:
- Prep Yourself- Arrive with clean, moisturized skin. Please put on Chapstick beforehand if needed. Hair should be clean & dry. Never arrive with wet hair unless your stylist has instructed you to do so. Also make sure brows are groomed. Timelines the day of the wedding typically do not allow for these tedious details to be tended to. So be prepared in advance.
- Allergies- It's very important to alert your artist of any potential skin or scalp sensitivities or allergies BEFORE the wedding day. This will allow your stylist the opportunity bring products to accommodate sensitive skin and allergies. If you have a product you use strictly, bring it for your application.
- Style Selections- Each bridal party member should come prepared with one pre-selected hairstyle (photos are helpful). Makeup doesn’t have to be the same for each person, but it is ideal that it be in the same family of colors/styles. Keeping in mind the Bride gets final approval.
- The Basics- Please brush your teeth, use the restroom, & have breakfast or lunch prior to your makeup service. Eating in a makeup artists chair can cause major delays. Delegate tasks to others while getting your glam on for this special occasion. Trust us, your experience will be much more enjoyable if you take time to do the basics. No one wants to deal with a hangry wedding party.
- Timing- Make sure you and our wedding party stay on track with the schedule. For large wedding parties this is especially important. You don't want to be the bridesmaid who throws a wrench in finely tuned wedding day timeline.
If you and your crew abide by these five easy tips, EVERYONE involved will live happily ever after.